Invisalign clear aligners are indicated in the treatment of:
- Gapped Teeth: Gapped teeth can occur because of abnormal growth in the jawbone or when existing teeth spread and move to fill the space where a tooth or teeth are missing. Invisalign clear aligners are an effective treatment for positioning gapped teeth into a more functional and attractive position within the mouth.
- Overbite: An overbite (or medically, an “overjet”) is when the upper row of teeth extends out an angle and lie in front of the lower row of teeth when the patient’s mouth is closed. An overbite can cause pain in the jaw or even gum disease. Treatment with Invisalign can correct the overbite and position the teeth more naturally.
- Underbite: Underbites are the opposite of overbites. Underbites occur when the upper row of teeth bites behind the lower row of teeth. Usually, underbites are caused by an overgrown lower jaw or an underdeveloped upper jaw. Invisalign effectively corrects this misalignment.
- Open Bite: Open bites occur when the upper row of teeth and the lower row of teeth do not meet in the middle of your smile. This can be caused by a misaligned or abnormal jaw or by thumb sucking. In most patients with an open bite, there is an impairment, and possible pain, with eating and speech. With Invisalign, there is often less pain during treatment compared to other orthodontic treatment options.
- Overcrowded: When all the teeth cannot fit into the mouth in correct position. While not typically painful, overcrowded teeth can lead to an accumulation of food, plaque, and tartar, which may lead to tooth decay or gum disease.
- Crossbite: Crossbite occurs when both the upper and the lower rows of teeth are misaligned in relation to each other. Crossbite can cause abnormal wear on the teeth and lead to bone loss or gum disease.
Dr. Rosen and the team at Jacqueline G. Rosen, DDS, MS, PC Orthodontics are experts in Invisalign. If you have any questions pertaining to braces, clear braces, Invisalign, or Invisalign Teen in Deerfield, IL, Lake Forest, IL, Highwood IL, Northbrook, IL or would like to schedule a complementary consultation with Dr. Rosen contact Jacqueline G. Rosen, DDS, MS, PC Orthodontics at: 847-215-9971