Many adults feel overwhelmed by the thought of having to undergo orthodontic treatment. But the truth is that adult orthodontics is very common. Orthodontics knows no age limit. In fact, statistics have shown that one-in-five patients receiving orthodontic treatment is over 21 years old! Adult braces are no longer a myth or a thing of the future – it’s now. And the professionals at Jacqueline G. Rosen, DDS, MS, PC Orthodontics in Highland Park, IL area will help you determine if adult braces are right for you.
Why Should I Get Adult Braces?
- Teeth shift over time. If you had braces as a kid and you find that now, as an adult, you need them again, that’s because your teeth shift as you get older, and some people’s teeth move faster and/or more than others. You may be experiencing discomfort caused by a malocclusion, don’t like the look of their misaligned teeth, or want straighter teeth for a new you. Dr. Rosen and the team at Jacqueline G. Rosen, DDS, MS, PC Orthodontics can help.
- There are many available treatment options. Many adults shy away from orthodontic treatment for fear of how they might look while wearing traditional braces during treatment. Adults often associate the idea of braces with traditional metal appliances; the ones that come with awkward adolescent memories. Jacqueline G. Rosen, DDS, MS, PC Orthodontics offers a variety of less obvious and more fashionable orthodontic treatment options than metal braces in the Highland Park, IL area. These include Invisalign – the clear plastic aligners – and ceramic braces (similar to traditional braces, though clearer and less visible). These two alternatives take the “awkward teenager” concept out of adult braces and put the “glowing smile” back in.
- The cost hasn’t changed much. Cost is important to consider. Depending on how intensive the treatment needs to be, the cost of orthodontic treatment will vary. Often, Invisalign or clear braces will cost a little more than traditional metal braces, but it’s impossible to tell your exact treatment cost without seeing Dr. Rosen for a consultation first. If you are considering adult braces and want to know more about the cost of Invisalign, check out this Invisalign Cost Calculator.
- Many orthodontists offer a free consultation. Many orthodontists today offer a free consultation to determine your treatment options, costs, and length of treatment. Jacqueline G. Rosen, DDS, MS, PC Orthodontics consultations include photographs, a medical history review, and a panoramic X-ray that gives a full-mouth view.
- Braces can build your confidence. How many times have you been told to “dress to impress” for a job interview, a date, or a social event? Dressing your best means sporting your best accessory; your smile. That age-old saying “When you look good, you feel good.” certainly includes the appearance of your smile. A perfect smile can change everything about your look, boosting your confidence and even brightening your future. Dr. Rosen can help you get your perfect smile in Highland Park, IL. Orthodontics, like braces, will straighten your teeth, realign your smile, improve your bite, and enhance your smile.
How Do I Get Started?
Getting started with adult braces in Highland Park, IL is easy, just set up a consultation with Dr. Rosen of Jacqueline G. Rosen, DDS, MS, PC Orthodontics! For more information or to schedule your appointment, don’t hesitate to contact Jacqueline G. Rosen, DDS, MS, PC Orthodontics today!